14 Ağustos 2012 Salı

Black&White : Exploration in Pen & Ink

To contact us Click HERE
We have a new show coming up this Saturday July 7th at QPop Shop in Downtown LA.  The reception is at 7pm. So come on by to hang out with us!

Here's a piece by Ryan:
Title: Founding Frontier
6" by 12"
Medium: Pen, ink and spray paint on wood.


And this is my contribution to the show:
Title: Shy
5" by 7"
Medium: Ink stencil on paper.

Ryan started out his piece with a sketch on paper.   


















Then, he spray painted the wood panel to get the distressed texture before he sketched over it with these pens.















Ink wash on textured wood! 


I usually sketch my comp on computer, but this time I was crazy enough to do it on paper.
I had imagined this piece to be done in stencil technique. That was before I realized I haven't touch exacto knife in a long long time.  So there was a lot of experimental cutting and stenciling...With the help of transparent tape, I was able to mask off the small negative space.
Then, finished it off with pen detailing.Hope you guys make it to the show! It's way more fun looking at these in person.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder