7 Şubat 2013 Perşembe

Home Decorating Project: Picture Ledges

To contact us Click HERE

Anyone who spends time with me knows that I take a ton of photos.  I love passing the time at the kid's various events by trying to get that "perfect" shot of them or even their friends.


I'm not the one gathering everyone around for posed group shots, I much prefer to go along unnoticed capturing moments, people, and places with a barely audible click.  After encapsulating what I see via photo I'll pop a couple on Facebook and Instagram for family and friends to see.  The kids often borrow a few to share on their own feeds as well.  Fortunately for me, they love when I photograph their events.  The "best of the best" of my pictures end up in fancy frames over the buffet in our kitchen, but I'd been wanting a place I could display more .

With that in mind, last weekend I talked hubby into building a continuous picture ledge along the back wall of our very long family room.  We used plans from Ana White's blog and I'm thrilled with how they turned out.  This gallery style ledge will make it easy for me to move photos around, as well as change old ones out for new ones as I continue to take more.

If you aren't the handy type and don't have anyone else handy around you either, they do sell ledges like these in various stores.  Room & Board sells what looks to be a very high end version of them and I've also seen an Ikea version known as the Ribba.

Are you the photographer in the family?  Where do your best snapshots end up?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder