22 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Holiday Gift Ideas (for the Kitchen)

To contact us Click HERE
With the marathon of cooking events known as Thanksgiving upon us and holiday shopping season already kicking off, I thought I'd round up some gift suggestions certain to please anyone on your list who loves to either cook or eat.



The Polyflax and Polypaper Serving Bowl and Serving Spoons by Architec:  
This serving bowl and spoon are made from recycled translucent Poly Propylene combined with flax husk or cellulose. They are manufactured in the USA by a zero waste Eco Factory that generates a portion of its own power. The materials give the items a unique sophisticated look and the eco friendly background give both the giver and receiver a good feeling about the items.  Bonus, they are both dishwasher safe and have been through mine multiple times and still look guest worthy.

Lezzet Spices:
These spices are incredible.  We are not talking about the store brand spices at the discount store.  Lezzet offers high quality spices in beautiful tins from growing regions all around the world.    Unfortunately the internet does not make it possible for me to just let you smell or taste these, so you will have to take my word for it.  Just listen to some of the spice names like Isot Pepper, Mediterranean Oregano, Sweet Purple Basil, Fenugreek Powder, Himalayan Pink Salt, and Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt just to name a few.  Warning, this is one of those gifts you'll likely find you need to buy a few for the receiver and a few for yourself.
The Mario Batali™ Cutting Board Collection:

I had no idea how sad and inadequate my cutting boards were looking until these gorgeous samples from this line arrived at my door.  The entire collection is made of plantation teak. More specifically, Mario Batali cutting boards are made from remnants from other Teak products typically discarded during manufacturing (eliminating potential waste).  I followed the directions and used food grade mineral oil to prep them before my first use and they looked even more divine.  The collection includes boards in various sizes and styles.  And for the record, I find the pricing to be quite reasonable for the very high quality.  As a side note, I also received one of Mario Batali's cookbooks, Molton Batali, and it includes a ton of amazing and simple sounding family meals inside.  I haven't had a chance to make one yet, but I plan to this weekend.
Knork Flatware Collection (in matte stainless steel):
As a mommy of 5, I've spent a LOT of time trying to eat one handed with someone either a sleep or fussing in my lap.  With that in mind, Knork's redesign of the fork to make it capable of cutting food without being sharp is pure genius to me.  And after receiving a set for us to use, my reaction was to "google" where I had to go out to get more.  Wondering how it's design allows for this without making it something the kids can't use?  The rounded, thinned tines create a beveled edge that allows the user to use a rocking motion to cut through foods.  (Picture a pizza slicer that can only be rocked back and forth.)  Aside from it's increased function, it has a great overall look to it too.
Disclosure:  Please note I received the above items to aid with this review.  All opinions are my own.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder